aka: Serenla, Jaisi Trakand
A girl from Baerlon. Her full name is Elmindreda Farshaw, although she hates that name. She has the ability to see auras about a person when she looks at them that predict their future. (see: Min's viewings)
Points of View#
See Min's chapter points of view.
Chronology (Possible Spoilers)#
- Min is six or seven years old when she realizes that others do not see the visions that she does. When she tells people about them it causes great trouble. (TDR,Ch2)
- Min's aunts admonish her to keep her ability secret. (ACoS,Ch2)
- After her father dies, Min's aunts try to change her from being a tomboy. They fail miserably. (LoC,Ch41)
- When Min is twenty, she works as a serving girl in The Miners' Rest in Baerlon. After an unfortunate incident she quits and vows never to wear a dress again. (LoC,Ch41)
- An Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah learns of Min's ability and writes a report on her. (ACoS,Ch34)
- On their way to the Two Rivers, Moiraine and Lan meet Min and Moiraine talks with her. (TEotW,Ch14)
- Moiraine talks with Min at The Stag and Lion when she and the party arrive at Baerlon. (TEotW,Ch14)
- Rand meets Min. She has viewings of the entire party. (TEotW,Ch15)
- Min has additional viewings of Nynaeve. (TEotW,Ch16)
- Elayne introduces Egwene to Min. She views Egwene, Elayne and Galad. Elaida quizzes her about Rand and about why Moiraine sent for her. (TGH,Ch24)
- Liandrin tells Egwene and Nynaeve that they must accompany he to help Rand. Elayne and Min overhear and plan to come, too. (TGH,Ch38)
- Egwene, Nynaeve, Elayne and Min follow Liandrin through the Ways to Toman Head. (TGH,Ch39)
- Egwene and Min are captured by High Lady Suroth and Egwene is collared. Nynaeve and Elayne escape. (TGH,Ch40)
- Egwene and Min visit in her room. Min makes contact with Bayle Domon. (TGH,Ch42)
- Elayne and Nynaeve find Min. They meet with Bayle Domon who agrees to take them away from Falme. (TGH,Ch43)
- Nynaeve, Elayne and Min capture Seta and prepare to use her as a decoy to free Egwene. (TGH,Ch45)
- Nynaeve, Elayne and Min free Egwene, but they are separated in the subsequent battle. (TGH,Ch46)
- Min feels drawn to Rand. She finds him and puts him in bed. Egwene finds them and tells them the others have regrouped. Lanfear confronts Min, terrifying her. (TGH,Ch48)
Mountains of Mist#
- Min is with Rand when he wakes five days later. They are heading east from Falme. (TGH,Ch49)
- Min is in the camp of the Dragon Reborn. (TDR,Ch1)
- Min visits with Perrin and Loial. She views that Leya will die. (TDR,Ch2)
- Min and Perrin talk about home. (TDR,Ch3)
- Min fights in the battle with the Trollocs. (TDR,Ch5)
- After Rand leaves, Moiraine sends Min to Tar Valon to report to Siuan. (TDR,Ch6)
- Min returns to the White Tower and has numerous viewings of injury and death. She goes to see Siuan, meeting Gawyn on the way, and delivers Moiraine's message. Siuan tells her to stay at the White Tower pretending to be Elmindreda. (TSR,Ch1)
- Min views glory for Logain and reports to Siuan. There she learns that Rand has taken the Stone of Tear. (TSR,Ch17)
- Min returns to the White Tower and finds a battle taking place. Gawyn tells her what is happening. Afterwards, she sets about freeing Siuan and Leane. Laras helps her. After confronting Gawyn, the three of them flee Tar Valon picking up Logain on the way. (TSR,Ch47)
Journey to Lugard#
- Min, Siuan and Leane are arrested in Kore Springs. They escape with Logain. (TFoH,Ch1)
- Siuan, Leane, Min and Logain make their way to Lugard where Siuan learns that the rebel Aes Sedai are gathering in Salidar. (TFoH,Ch11)
- Siuan, Leane, Min and Logain arrive at Salidar. They meet Anaiya, Carlinya, Myrelle and Sheriam. Min views Carlinya and Sheriam. The Aes Sedai send Min and Logain outside to wait. She views Edesina. (TFoH,Ch26)
- Min has a viewing that Siuan and Bryne must stay close together or both will die. (TFoH,Ch28)
- Min has a cheerful reunion with Elayne and Nynaeve. She also has viewings of Faolain, Areina, Nicola and Marigan. She and Elayne discuss their friendship and their feelings for Rand. (TFoH,Ch50)
- Min and Elayne have a long talk about Rand, then she leaves with the Salidar Aes Sedai embassy for Caemlyn. (LoC,Prologue)
- Min and the Salidar Aes Sedai embassy arrive in Caemlyn and stay at The Crown of Roses. Min goes to the Royal Palace to see Rand and has viewings of him, Enaila and Melaine. (LoC,Ch41)
- Rand offers to take Min to the Black Tower. She nervously declines and returns to The Crown of Roses. (LoC,Ch42)
- Min accompanies Merana, Masuri and Seonid to the Royal Palace to see Rand. After they return to The Crown of Roses, Min goes back to the Royal Palace again. (LoC,Ch43)
- Min is with Rand when Perrin and Faile arrive. Faile is initially jealous until she realizes that Min is besotted with Rand. Min and Faile go off for a talk. (LoC,Ch45)
- Min and Rand talk. She reminds him of telling him about Merana meeting with Lord Pelivar. She then returns to The Crown of Roses. (LoC,Ch46)
- Min rushes to the Royal Palace with news that seven of the Aes Sedai are paying an unexpected visit. She watches Rand's audience with them. Back at The Crown of Roses she learns that Bera and Kiruna have arrived and views that they are involved in hurting Rand. She rushes back to the Royal Palace with the news that there are now thirteen Aes Sedai. She accompanies Rand as he Travels to Cairhien. (LoC,Ch49)
- Min is torn between Rand, who wants her to view the nobles, and the Wise Ones who want to question her about her ability. After visiting Herid Fel, she begins reading books on philosophy. (LoC,Ch50)
- On her way from the Wise Ones' tents to the Sun Palace, Min is kidnapped by the Aes Sedai. (LoC,Ch51)
- Galina questions Min trying to learn why she is important. Rand sees Min and goes berserk, killing two Warder. (LoC,Ch53)
- Rand finds Min as soon as he breaks out of the box. Gawyn offers to take her away but she refuses to leave Rand. (LoC,Ch55)
- Min is with Rand in the aftermath of Dumai's Wells. (ACoS,Ch2)
- Min accompanies Rand to Cairhien. (ACoS,Ch3)
- Min rides with Rand into the city. (ACoS,Ch4)
- Min goes with Rand to the Grand Hall to confront Colavaere. (ACoS,Ch5)
- Rand leaves with Min and the others to find Berelain. When they return, she waits outside while Rand talks to Perrin. (ACoS,Ch6)
- As Rand prepares for his evenings Travels Min is sound asleep, exhausted by the ordeal of the kidnapping and Galina's questioning. (ACoS,Ch7)
- Min tells Rand that Colavaere is dead. Rand tells her that Herid Fel is dead. They have sex. (ACoS,Ch19)
- After several days she convinces Nandera to let her in to see Rand. She brings him out of his funk and convinces him to visit the Sea Folk ship. (ACoS,Ch33)
- Min accompanies Rand and his entourage to the Sea Folk ship. (ACoS,Ch34)
- Min accompanies Rand to the rebel camp where they meet Caraline, Darlin and Toram Riatin. (ACoS,Ch35)
- After Rand is wounded she convinces Cadsuane to take him back to the Sun Palace. (ACoS,Ch36)
- When Rand awakens, she reluctantly agrees to help him secretly leave the palace to go after Sammael. (ACoS,Ch41)
- Min reads Herid Fel's books. When Rand returns, she gives him a lukewarm greeting because he did not write to her. (TPoD,Ch27)
- Min tries to talk Rand out of pouting about Elayne. Rand, Min and Morr leave his rooms just before they blow up. Rand sends Morr to guard Min in a cellar, but Morr loses his mind. Rand and Min prepare to leave Cairhien. (TPoD,Ch29)
- Rand and Min return to Rand's School of Cairhien so she can retrieve Herid Fel's books. (WH,Prologue)
- Min Travels to the Royal Palace in Caemlyn. After they find Reene Harfor, Min then runs to find Elayne and Aviendha. (WH,Ch11)
- Elayne and Aviendha bond Rand as their Warder and include Min in the weave. After they leave Elayne and Rand, Aviendha and Min encounter a furious Birgitte and Min recognizes her. Min has viewings of Elayne, Aviendha and Birgitte. (WH,Ch12)
- Min accompanies Rand to Far Madding. After the failed attack on Rand, he and Min pack to leave. (WH,Ch22)
- Min is upset when she views that Alivia will help Rand die. Cadsuane talks with her and learns that Rand needs her. (WH,Ch25)
- Alivia, Min and Nynaeve go riding with Cadsuane. Min thinks Cadsuane is like a strict aunt. Rand returns to the inn and tells them he is leaving tomorrow. (WH,Ch32)
- Rand, Lan and Nynaeve leave Min with Alivia. Min talks Alivia into going to find Cadsuane. (WH,Ch33)
- Alivia, Min and Cadsuane drag Nynaeve from Blue Carp Street. That night, they go with the other Aes Sedai and the Asha'man to the Hall of the Counsels where Cadsuane bullies them into releasing Rand and Lan. (WH,Ch34)
- Min accompanies Rand, Cadsuane and the others from Far Madding to Shadar Logoth. Moad and Tomas keep Harine and Min sheltered in a depression during the battle that follows. Cadsuane checks with Min during the battle to see how Rand is doing. (WH,Ch35)
- At the Pendaloan estate in eastern Tear, Min brings a message to Cadsuane that Rand wants to see her. (CoT,Ch23)
- Min has viewings of Logain and Bashere. She is with Rand while Loial makes his report, then she leaves to read Herid Fel's books. (CoT,Ch24)
- Rand eats lunch with Min, Nynaeve, Cadsuane, Verin, Alivia and Loial. Min reads one of Herid Fel's books. (KoD,Ch18)
- Min draws her knives to help when the Trollocs attack. (KoD,Ch19)
- After the battle, Rand, Cadsuane, Alivia, Logain and Min survey the carnage. (KoD,Ch20)
- Min, Cadsuane, Alivia and Nynaeve accompany Rand on his visit to the Stone of Tear. Min has a sad viewing of Com and Doni. She visits with Caraline Damodred and tells Darlin Sisnera what his crown should look like. (KoD,Ch21)
- Rand Travels to Altara with a large party of Asha'man, Aes Sedai, Saldaeans and Maidens. Rand rides to the meeting with Cadsuane, Nynaeve, Logain, Jahar Narishma, Donalo Sandomere and Min. Min throws a knife at Semirhage but does not prevent her from blowing off his left hand with a fireball. (KoD,Ch27)
- Min is with Rand at Lord Tallaen-s manor in Arad Doman. (TGS,Ch1)
- Rand meets with the Aes Sedai, Wise Ones, clan chiefs and Bashere to discuss the plan for Arad Doman. Min is also there. (TGS,Ch7)
- From her readings, Min thinks Rand must break the seals. He agrees. The only thing positive she feels from him is that he still trusts her. (TGS,Ch15)
- When Rand returns from the Blight border, Semirhage puts the Domination Band on him. Min tries to help but again she is ineffective. When her torture does not affect him, Semirhage forces him to strangle Min. Something snaps in Rand and the Dark One offers him the True Power. Rand accepts it and uses it to destroy the Domination Band and then balefire Semirhage and Elza. (TGS,Ch22)
- Min slowly recovers after her near strangulation. (TGS,Ch23)
- Min attempts to have an innocent conversation with Aviendha but winds up shaming her. This turns out to be a good thing as Aviendha is so angry that she confronts the Wise Ones, successfully completing her apprentice training! (TGS,Ch26)
- Min accompanies Rand when he moves his headquarters to Bandar Eban. (TGS,Ch29)
- Nynaeve wakes Rand and Min with news. Rand coaches her on how to remove the Compulsion on Kerb and she does. He reveals Graendal's location. Rand says he will deal with the Seanchan (People), then with Graendal. (TGS,Ch33)
- Min stays behind when Rand goes to meet with the Daughter of the Nine Moons. After failing to protect him twice, she feels like a liability to him. (TGS,Ch35, TGS,Ch37)
- Rand takes Min, Nynaeve, and Piqor Ramshalan with him to Natrin's Barrow, Graendal's stronghold. He sends in Piqor Ramshalan to negotiate and he comes back under Compulsion. Rand uses the access key to balefire the entire palace, horrifying Nynaeve and Min, but Piqor Ramshalan-s Compulsion is now gone. Back at Bandar Eban, Min and Nynaeve report to Cadsuane and the Wise Ones. Nynaeve demands to be part of their plans and Cadsuane tells her to locate Perrin. (TGS,Ch37)
- Rand and Min are in a large procession preparing to leave Bandar Eban for Tear. Rand is shocked to learn that all to food on the docks has spoiled but he can do nothing more. He abandons Arad Doman to its fate. He receives a royal greeting at the Stone of Tear. He tells Darlin and Dobraine they are no longer needed in Arad Doman. They will march to Shayol Ghul. (TGS,Ch42)
- Rand, Nynaeve, Narishma and Naeff ride a meeting with the Borderlands- representative. It turns out to be Hurin. When Rand learns that they want him to come into Far Madding he almost destroys the entire army, but Nynaeve stops him. He tells Nynaeve where to find Perrin. Back at the Stone of Tear, Nynaeve reports to Cadsuane, Min, Merise and Corele. (TGS,Ch44)
- Min discusses her thoughts on Callandor with Cadsuane, Nynaeve and the other Aes Sedai. Tam bursts in and angrily recounts his meeting with Rand. (TGS,Ch48)
- Nynaeve is frantic over Rand but Min knows something wonderful happened. Cadsuane sends for them with news that Alanna disappeared. Rand returns. (ToM,Ch12)
- Corele, Merise, Flinn, Narishma, Nynaeve, Min and others join Rand upon his return. Rand introduces Tam and Min. (ToM,Ch13)
- Rand Travels to Bandar Eban with Min, Naeff and others. He sets up a government and guard force, then goes to the docks where they find that all the remaining food on the Sea Folk ships is fine. (ToM,Ch25)
- Min updates Rand on her studies when he returns from Maradon. She thinks Callandor may make him vulnerable. (ToM,Ch32)
- Rand Travels to Far Madding with Narishma, Cadsuane, Merise, Min, Nynaeve and others to meet with the Borderlands rulers. They slap him and question him on Tellindal Tirraso. He answers correctly and they acknowledge him as the Dragon Reborn. He tells them to swear fealty to him or he will not take them with him to the Last Battle. (ToM,Ch51)
Field of Merrilor#
- Rand's body is in bed with Min at the Field of Merrilor when he dreams of Mierin. (ToM,Epilogue)
- Min still sleeps after Rand awakens and visits with Perrin. Later, he feels that she is awake. (AMoL,Ch1)
- Elayne summons Min so she, Min and Aviendha can talk about Rand. (AMoL,Ch2)
- Egwene, King Easar from Shienar, King Alsalam from Arad Doman, Elayne from Andor, Cadsuane, Min, Perrin, Faile, Nynaeve, King Roedran from Murandy, Gregorin from Illainer, King Paitar from Arafel, King Darlin from Tear, Queen Tenobia from Saldaea, Queen Alliandre from Ghealdan and Berelain from Mayene all attend Rand's meeting at the Field of Merrilor. (AMoL,Ch5)
Other References (Possible Spoilers)#
- In The Eye of the World
- TEotW,Ch17 - Rand hopes that Min escaped the fire at The Stag and Lion.
- TEotW,Ch33 - Rand has a nightmare about Trollocs holding Min.
- TEotW,Ch43 - Moiraine tells Egwene and Nynaeve about Min and about her viewings of them.
- TEotW,Ch45 - Moiraine does not believe Thom is dead because of Min's viewing.
- TEotW,Ch45 - Mat teases Rand about Min making Egwene jealous.
- TEotW,Ch46 - Rand talks with Egwene and recalls Min's viewing that they are not for each other.
- In The Great Hunt
- In The Dragon Reborn
- TDR,Ch6 - Min never has viewings of Ogier, only of humans.
- TDR,Ch32 - In his dreams, Rand is visited by Shadowspawn in the guise of his loved ones including Min.
- TDR,Ch33 - When Perrin learns that the man in the cage in Remen is Aiel, he recalls Min's viewing linking him to an Aielman in a cage.
- TDR,Ch35 - Perrin does a double take recalling Min's viewing linking him to a falcon when Zarine decides to call herself Faile.
- TDR,Ch37 - Egwene dreams of Min springing a steel trap but walking through it without even seeing it.
- TDR,Ch41 - Perrin is angry that Min told Moiraine about her viewings of him.
- In The Shadow Rising
- TSR,Ch1 - Min's mother named her after Elmindreda, a woman of story who spent most of her time sighing over men.
- TSR,Ch2 - Rand dreams about Elayne and Min seducing him while Egwene sadly looks on.
- TSR,Ch6 - Elayne recalls that Min joked about sharing Rand.
- TSR,Ch8 - Elayne wonders if Min had a viewing about whom Rand would choose.
- TSR,Ch8 - Rand likes both Min and Elayne. He is confused about his feelings for them.
- TSR,Ch12 - On hearing about Aiel marriage customs, Elayne wonders if Min had a viewing about her and Rand that includes another woman.
- TSR,Ch29 - Egwene wrote home to Marin al'Vere telling about her new friends, Min and Elayne.
- TSR,Ch36 - Rand misses Min. She is the only woman who does not tie him in knots.
- TSR,Ch48 - Rand is glad that Min is safe (!) in the White Tower.
- TSR,Ch49 - Watching Lian and Amys eat with Rhuarc, Rand cannot picture Elayne and Min doing the same with him.
- TSR,Ch50 - Rand dreams of swimming in the Waterwood with Min and Elayne.
- In The Fires of Heaven
- TFoH,Ch4 - Rand falls asleep and dreams of Elayne, Min and Aviendha.
- TFoH,Ch9 - Elayne talks about Min's viewing that she will have to share Rand.
- TFoH,Ch21 - Rand dreams of Aviendha, Elayne and Min.
- TFoH,Ch50 - Min has no sisters.
- TFoH,Ch54 - When Rand arrives at the Royal Palace he thinks of Elayne, then of Min.
- In Lord of Chaos
- LoC,Prologue - In Salidar, only Elayne, Nynaeve, Siuan and Leane know about Min's talent.
- LoC,Ch7 - Elayne thinks that Min and the embassy to Rand should be over half way there by now.
- LoC,Ch10 - Rand is confused by his feelings for Aviendha, Elayne and Min.
- LoC,Ch15 - Egwene dreams - Elayne and Min and Aviendha sitting in a silent circle around Rand, each in turn reaching out to lay a hand on him.
- LoC,Ch40 - Elayne learns that Aviendha is the third woman in Min's viewings. She convinces Aviendha not to kill Min.
- LoC,Ch43 - It is obvious to Merana that Min is in love with Rand and so is no longer trustworthy.
- LoC,Ch52 - Egwene tells Nynaeve and Elayne that Perrin and Faile are married and are in Cairhien. Loial and Min are there, too. Elayne asks Egwene to give a message to Min saying she hopes Min will like Aviendha.
- In A Crown of Swords
- ACoS,Ch3 - Rand says he trusts Perrin, Min and Loial.
- ACoS,Ch7 - Rand thinks he will trust Mat and Perrin and Min.
- ACoS,Ch13 - Aviendha wonders how she and Elayne should deal with Min.
- ACoS,Ch19 - Min's aunts Jan, Rana and Miren have given her advice about men. She is still confused about her feelings about sharing Rand with Elayne and Aviendha.
- ACoS,Ch33 - Rand wants to send Min away like he sent Elayne and Aviendha. Min tells Rand that if Bael, Mandelain and Rhuarc can have two wives then she can deal with Aviendha and Elayne.
- ACoS,Ch34 - Alanna has a brief conversation with Min, which embarrasses her.
- ACoS,Ch41 - Rand has nightmares about Elayne, Aviendha and Min all glaring at him.
- In The Path of Daggers
- In Winter's Heart
- In Crossroads of Twilight
- In Knife of Dreams
- KoD,Ch1 - Siuan recalls Min's viewing that she must stay close to Gareth Bryne.
- KoD,Ch6 - When Mat thinks of Rand, colors swirl and he sees an image of Rand and Min kissing.
- KoD,Ch8 - Mat still sees images of Rand, often with Min.
- KoD,Ch13 - Elayne feels that she is not in danger because of Min's viewing that her babies will be born healthy.
- KoD,Ch15 - Despite Min's viewing that her babies will be safe, Elayne can no longer study ter'angreal because of her poor control of the One Power.
- KoD,Ch18 - With Min, Elayne and Aviendha bonded to him Rand wonders how he can keep them safe.
- KoD,Ch21 - Rand is not as sharply aware of Alanna since Min, Elayne and Aviendha bonded him.
- KoD,Ch22 - Despite her current troubles, Harine remains confident because of Min's viewing that she will be Mistress of the Ships.
- KoD,Ch24 - Egwene recalls that Laras helped free Siuan and Leane but that she probably did it for Min.
- KoD,Ch29 - When Perrin thinks of Rand he sees swirling colors then an image of Rand, Min and a tall Asha'man. Rand's left hand is gone.
- KoD,Ch33 - Despite her being kidnapped, Elayne is not worried because of Min's viewing.
- In The Gathering Storm
- In Towers of Midnight
- In A Memory of Light