They hold to the Way of the Leaf and will do no violence for any reason. The leader of a band of Tinkers is called Mahdi or "Seeker" in the Old Tongue.
References (Possible Spoilers)#
- In New Spring
- In The Eye of the World
- TEotW,Ch4 - First mention of Tinkers. With patrols being sent out, Mat wonders if they might see odd folk like Tinkers.
- TEotW,Ch25 - Perrin, Egwene and Elyas Machera join up with Raen's band of Tinkers.
- TEotW,Ch27 - Perrin, Egwene and Elyas Machera leave the Tinkers and head south. The Tinkers intend to head east, possibly to the Spine of the World.
- TEotW,Ch27 - Tinkers are vegetarians. Their diet consists of fruits, nuts, berries and vegetables.
- TEotW,Ch42 - Loial has a talent for treesinging. He tried to teach it to Tinkers but the trees would not listen to men.
- In The Great Hunt
- In The Dragon Reborn
- In The Shadow Rising
- TSR,Ch1 - A band of Tinkers is camped near Taren Ferry when the Children of the Light arrive.
- TSR,Ch26 - Discouraged with their pointless mission, Sulwin defies Adan, the leader of the Aiel, and leads some of the wagons in search of the song that was lost. Adan shouts that he is lost.
- TSR,Ch31 - The band of Tinkers in the Two Rivers is Raen's band. They are camped near Watch Hill. The Children of the Light will not let them move north.
- TSR,Ch41 - After they are attacked by Trollocs, Perrin's band seeks refuge with the Tinkers south of Emond's Field.
- TSR,Ch42 - Perrin's band leaves the Tinkers' camp.
- TSR,Ch42 - Tinker women do a very provocative dance called the tiganza.
- TSR,Ch45 - The Tinkers are attacked by Trollocs. Only twenty survive and they are taken in by Emond's Field.
- TSR,Ch56 - Raen's band of Tinkers stays with the women and children during the defense of Emond's Field.
- In The Fires of Heaven
- TFoH,Ch5 - Some of the Aiel who succumb to the bleakness go to the Tuatha'an.
- TFoH,Ch15 - Egwene dreams of Perrin, lounging with Faile on his lap, kissing her while she played with the short-cut beard he wore in the dream. Behind them two banners waved, a red wolf's head and a crimson eagle. A man in a bright yellow coat stood near to Perrin's shoulder, a sword strapped to his back; in some way she knew that he was a Tinker, though no Tinker would even touch a sword. And every bit of it except the beard seemed important. The banners, Faile kissing Perrin, even the Tinker. Every time he moved closer to Perrin it was as if a chill of doom shot through everything.
- In Lord of Chaos
- LoC,Ch15 - Egwene dreams - Again Perrin; he turned away from a Tinker and ran, faster and faster though she called for him to come back.
- LoC,Ch22 - Near the Erinin River, Chel Vanin and Mat find a burned Tinker camp with the people slaughtered. There is a message on a wagon, "Tell the Dragon Reborn."
- In Knife of Dreams
- KoD,Ch8 - Mat, Tuon and Selucia encounter a Tinker caravan heading toward Ebou Dar. Seanchan law offers them safety.
- KoD,Ch11 - Luca's circus passes more Tinkers heading south.
- KoD,Ch11 - When Tinkers discover that one of their women can channel they take her straight to Tar Valon.
- KoD,Ch12 - Tinkers are migrating to Seanchan-held territory because they offer law and safety.
- In The Gathering Storm
- TGS,Ch38 - Using Need in Tel'aran'rhiod, Egwene finds herself in a Tinker camp and wonders what brought her there.
- TGS,Ch49 - Rand spends the night in a Tinker camp outside Ebou Dar. There are many Tinker camps nearby and many talk about settling down. They provide shelter for visitors when the city gates are closed at night and the Seanchan give them money to support this activity.
- In Towers of Midnight