In FY 1006, three nobles of Artur Paendrag Tanreall's regional government, Lord Haren Maseed, Lady Tazenia Nerenhald and Lord Boral Amadia, took Tanchico and formed a nation. Lord Boral was murdered. Tazenia became Queen and Haren became Panarch. By 500 NE a tradition of male King and female Panarch was established.
Ruled jointly by the Panarch and King, always of the opposite sex. The King is hereditary and the Panarch is elected by the Assembly of Lords. The Panarch wears the Crown of the Tree made of gold trefoil leaves and a stole embroidered with trees.
Past and Present Kings:
- Andric (current)
Past and Present Panarchs:
- Amathera (current)
References (Possible Spoilers)#
- In the Guide
- TWoTRPG - Information on the history and culture of Tarabon.
- In New Spring
- In The Great Hunt
- In The Dragon Reborn
- In The Shadow Rising
- TSR,Ch9 - Egwene reads books on Tarabon and Tanchico hoping to find a clue as to what they should do.
- TSR,Ch11 - Fifty three years ago Eurian Romavni wrote a book titled A Journey to Tarabon.
- TSR,Ch17 - Siuan receives a report that there is an Aes Sedai missing in Tarabon.
- TSR,Ch46 - Aided by the Whitecloaks, King Andric has Amathera invested as Panarch even though she was rejected by the Assembly of Lords.
- TSR,Ch51 - The crown that the Panarch wears is called the Crown of the Tree.
- TSR,Ch52 - The Crown of the Tree is made of gold trefoil leaves decorated with jewels. The Panarch also wears a stole embroidered with trees.
- In The Fires of Heaven
- In Lord of Chaos
- LoC,Prologue - Refugees, mainly from Almoth Plain, but some from Tarabon and Arad Doman, are settling in the Two Rivers.
- LoC,Ch7 - There is still no news from Tarabon, but Sheriam Bayanar expects to hear something in a few weeks.
- LoC,Ch15 - The Salidar Aes Sedai send Afara, Edesina Azzedin and Guisin to Tarabon as emissaries.
- LoC,Ch29 - Thom and Juilin report that Niall continues to consolidate the Whitecloaks in Amador except for a force along the Tarabon border.
- LoC,Ch31 - Because of the odd messages from Tanchico, Niall begins to get a feeling that Tarabon is a serious threat.
- LoC,Ch43 - In 961 NE Merana Ambrey negotiates the Fifth Treaty of Falme between Arad Doman and Tarabon covering the peaceful disposition of Almoth Plain. The treaty fails almost immediately.
- In A Crown of Swords
- ACoS,Ch12 - Egwene and the Salidar Aes Sedai have seen murder and anarchy all across Altara and have heard stories of the same in Tarabon and Arad Doman.
- ACoS,Ch14 - Juilin Sandar sees some Taraboners and says, "Tarabon must be terrible now for a woman not used to taking care of herself."
- ACoS,Ch26 - When the Seanchan invade Tarabon Panarch Amathera is enslaved and King Andric is killed. They are replaced with more compliant rulers.
- In Crossroads of Twilight
- CoT,Prologue - Rodel Ituralde rallies displaced Taraboners in Arad Doman and convinces them to retake their homeland from the Seanchan (People).
- CoT,Ch15 - Arymilla Marne has a mysterious Taraboner, Jaq Lounalt, in her employee. He is an expert in torture.
- CoT,Ch27 - Martyn Tallanvor makes contact with a Seanchan army of fifteen thousand comprising mostly Taraboners.
- In Knife of Dreams