The wolf name for Ba'alzamon is Heartfang.
One of the Forsaken. His original name was Elan Morin Tedronai.
Ishamael in the Age of Legends
- by Dabel Brothers Production
Ishamael 998 NE
Chronology (Possible Spoilers)#
- Lews Therin defeats Ishamael at the gates of Paaran Disen. (TEotW,Prologue)
- The thirteen Forsaken meet with the Great Lord in the Pit of Doom. Lews Therin and his companions seal the Bore, trapping the Forsaken for over three thousand years.
- Ishamael is only partially caught when the Bore is sealed. He pays a call on Lews Therin, partly Heals his madness and taunts him into killing himself. (TEotW,Prologue)
- Ishamael plots and plans for the next three thousand years. He runs the Trolloc Wars and starts the Black Ajah at that time. (TEotW,Ch14, TEotW,Ch43)
- Ishamael advises Artur Hawkwing into making war on the Aes Sedai and sending his sons across the Aryth Ocean. (Guide, TEotW,Ch14)
- When Ishamael learns that Jarna Malari set the Black Ajah to hunt and kill the Dragon Reborn he kills her in a fit of rage. He replaces her with Alviarin Freidhen as head of the Black Ajah. (ACoS,Prologue)
- He intensely questions the High Council of the Black Ajah on the death of Sierin Vayu before he is convinced they were not responsible. (ACoS,Prologue)
- Ba'alzamon selects Padan Fain and compels him to hunt for the Dragon Reborn. (TEotW,Ch46)
- Ishamael causes Rand to dream of Shayol Ghul and the White Tower. (TEotW,Ch9)
- Ba'alzamon confronts Rand in a dream and makes numerous claims. (TEotW,Ch14)
- Ba'alzamon appears "like a flickering candle, never twice in the same place" to drive the Fades and Trollocs into Shadar Logoth. (TEotW,Ch47)
- In a dream Ba'alzamon chases Perrin through a maze. (TEotW,Ch23)
- He and Rand meet in a dream. (TEotW,Ch24)
- Ba'alzamon breaks into Perrin's dream again, killing the guarding wolf. (TEotW,Ch27)
- He and Rand meet in a dream at The Dancing Cartman. (TEotW,Ch33)
- In another dream he tells Rand that they have met many times before and that he started the Black Ajah during the Trolloc Wars. (TEotW,Ch43)
- Rand faces Ba'alzamon once again. Ba'alzamon tells him he directed Rand to the Eye of the World and shows him his mother in distress. Rand burns Ba'alzamon and he disappears. (TEotW,Ch51)
- Ba'alzamon hosts the Darkfriend social. He shows images of Rand, Mat and Perrin and gives detailed instructions to all his guests including Bors. (TGH,Prologue)
- Egwene meets Ba'alzamon in her dreams. At first he is surprised, then he laughs at her. (TGH,Ch12)
- Ba'alzamon appears to Rand in a black shadow. He commands Rand to serve him and, when he refuses, engulfs him in flame causing the first heron mark. (TGH,Ch15)
- Ba'alzamon laughs at Egwene when she meets him in her dreams. (TGH,Ch18)
- When Egwene meets him in her dreams in the Ways, he no longer wears his mask and his burns are nearly healed. (TGH,Ch39)
- Ba'alzamon confronts Rand and orders him to submit. He notes the Dragon Banner but does not seem impressed. (TGH,Ch41)
- Rand meets Ba'alzamon above Falme. Ba'alzamon again commands him to submit and offers to teach him. When Rand refuses, he stabs Rand in the side and Rand stabs him through the heart. (TGH,Ch47)
- Ba'alzamon confronts Perrin in a dream and asks him if he will give up the axe. (TDR,Ch4)
- Ishamael meets with Be'lal and Rahvin in a place resembling the Ways. They argue violently. (TDR,Ch4)
- In Tel'aran'rhiod, Ba'alzamon meets with some Darkfriends. He kills a man from Tar Valon for letting Mat escape. Lanfear arrives, says Tel'aran'rhiod is her domain, and says she serves none but the Great Lord. (TDR,Ch36)
- Ba'alzamon attacks Rand in the Heart of the Stone trying to rip out his soul. Rand gets Callandor and chases Ba'alzamon through Tel'aran'rhiod. Rand finally kills him, stabbing him through the chest with Callandor. (TDR,Ch55)
- Ba'alzamon's body rots really fast. (TDR,Ch56)
- The Great Lord captures Ishamael's soul and gives him a new body and a new name, Moridin.
Other References (Possible Spoilers)#
- In The Eye of the World
- TEotW,Ch1 - The dark rider was so scary Mat thought he might have been Aginor, Ishamael or even the Dark One himself.
- TEotW,Ch9 - The Trolloc army that overwhelmed Manetheren carried Ba'alzamon's banner.
- TEotW,Ch15 - Thom tells Rand that the names Ba'alzamon mentioned are dangerous and he should forget them.
- TEotW,Ch25 - When the wolves begin guarding Perrin's dreams Ba'alzamon no longer enters.
- TEotW,Ch33 - Rand has nightmares of Ba'alzamon following him.
- TEotW,Ch42 - Rand, Mat and Perrin finally tell Moiraine about their dreams of Ba'alzamon.
- TEotW,Ch42 - Moiraine says the Forsaken do not have a tenth the power of the Dark One naming several of them - Aginor, Lanfear, Balthamel, Demandred and Ishamael.
- TEotW,Ch50 - Aginor says "the seals weaken, some of us are bound no longer, like Ishamael we walk the world again."
- TEotW,Ch52 - Aginor was close behind Ishamael and Lews Therin in strength.
- In The Great Hunt
- TGH,Ch7 - Moiraine believes Lanfear was the most powerful of the Forsaken after Ishamael.
- TGH,Ch8 - Rand tells Siuan that Ba'alzamon is dead.
- TGH,Ch11 - Padan Fain thinks about what Ba'alzamon did to him at Shayol Ghul.
- TGH,Ch41 - Suroth notes that she and Liandrin serve the same master.
- TGH,Ch48 - Lanfear tells Min that Ishamael thinks he runs things but she really does.
- In The Dragon Reborn
- TDR,Ch2 - Rand knows that he must face Ba'alzamon again.
- TDR,Ch6 - Rand leaves the others leaving behind a note saying Ba'alzamon is after him again.
- TDR,Ch20 - Mat tells Mat that he can follow her instead of being used by Aes Sedai or chased by Ba'alzamon.
- TDR,Ch21 - Verin shows Egwene a scrap of paper from just after the Breaking that seems to equate Ba'alzamon with Ishamael.
- TDR,Ch27 - "Egwene" tells Egwene that Ishamael is a fool.
- TDR,Ch43 - Perrin asks Hopper why he showed him Ba'alzamon and Lanfear. Hopper calls them Heartfang and Moonhunter.
- TDR,Ch48 - In a dream Egwene learns that Ba'alzamon desperately wants Rand dead.
- TDR,Ch56 - Egwene tells Moiraine about Verin's scrap of paper that seems to indicate that Ba'alzamon and Ishamael were one and the same.
- TDR,Ch50 - Moiraine mentions that he and Lanfear are the strongest Forsaken.
- In The Shadow Rising
- TSR,Ch26 - Shortly after the breaking, a half mad Aes Sedai tells Jonai that Ishamael was not fully trapped in the Bore and is still around.
- TSR,Ch38 - Liandrin reminds Jaichim Carridin of their meeting with Ba'alzamon to prove her identity.
- TSR,Ch46 - Moghedien learns from Elayne and Nynaeve that Be'lal and Ishamael are dead. She makes several comments about Ishamael - he was only half caught in the bore. That left him loose, but at a price. When she met him again he was only half human and had delusions that he was the Great Lord himself.
- In The Fires of Heaven
- In Lord of Chaos
- LoC,Ch2 - Rand tells Mazrim Taim that the vision in the sky was not the Dark One, but Ba'alzamon who is Ishamael.
- LoC,Ch6 - Sammael worriedly recalls Ishamael's philosophy that the Great Lord and Rand have battled many times. The Great Lord's greatest goal is to turn Rand and, if so, he might make Rand Nae'blis.
- LoC,Ch6 - Graendal enumerates the dead Forsaken including Ishamael.
- LoC,Ch23 - Graendal has no intention of facing Rand directly after he was able to take out Ishamael and Rahvin.
- In A Crown of Swords
- In Knife of Dreams
- KoD,Ch3 - Aran'gar is certain that Moridin is actually Ishamael.
- KoD,Ch18 - Rand believes that Ishamael and Lanfear were able to track ta'veren by their influence on the Pattern.
- KoD,Ch20 - After the Trolloc attack Rand wonders if another of the Forsaken knows Ishamael's way of tracking through the Pattern or perhaps Moridin can locate him.
- KoD,Ch20 - The True Source is now clean but, with his wounds from Ishamael and Padan Fain, Rand wonders if he is.
- In The Gathering Storm
- TGS,Ch5 - Rand believes that the wounds from Padan Fain and Ishamael will spill his blood at Shayol Ghul.
- TGS,Ch15 - Rand tells Min that Ishamael is back.
- TGS,Ch29 - Rand wonders if Lanfear is back like Ishamael.
- TGS,Ch47 - Rand remembers seeing Ishamael in his dreams during his trek from the Mountains of Mist to the Stone of Tear.
- In A Memory of Light